I love asparagus. As in love it. If it’s offered as an option at a restaurant, I will automatically order it, no questions asked, and it will disappear from my plate before I take a singe bite of anything else. Unfortunately, Terry does not share my love for the brilliant green stalks. This means that when I do make asparagus at home I get to eat it all (win!), but it also means that I really don’t make it all that often (definite non-win).
Last night I headed over to my friend Becky’s house for dinner ~ she made us a risotto, and she asked me to bring a vegetable. Guess what I brought?? We had a great girls night eating yummies:
and I got to spend lots of time with this super-cutie:
Win and win!
When Becky and I originally made these plans, we were going to have dinner and then watch a girly movie that our husbands would not want to watch with us. But, there ended up being just a bit too much chatting going on and a movie never materialized. I’m not going to lie, I’m completely okay with that! I love girls night.
Oven Roasted Asparagus
- 2 Bunches Asparagus
- Olive Oil Spray
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder to Taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and trim asparagus, and place in a foil lined baking dish in a single layer.
- Spray asparagus with olive oil spray until just coated, and then season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Give the baking dish a good shake to evenly coat the asparagus.
- Roast asparagus uncovered in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, until beginning to brown and get crispy. About halfway through the roasting time, give the baking dish another shake to flip the asparagus.
Yield: 2-3 servings
Linked Up: Whole Foods Wednesdays